Outlook Express will not open MPG file attachments

noemail_at_llllllllllll.com
Date: 11/24/04

    Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 03:39:51 GMT

    When I try to open video files such as mpeg, mpg, avi, etc. I get a message
    that there is no program associated with it. This not true. Windows Media
    Player is supposed to open with video files. I can save them to a folder
    and then run them by double clicking but they will not open from Outlook
    Express. When I check my file options it show the proper association with
    those extensions. HELP PLEASE!

    Gary

    • Re: Making Acorn Replay files
      ... to make video files that will work on my Acorn A5000. ... The trick is to pass the AVI, MPEG video to FFMPEG and extract really every ... AFAIR AcornReplay offers some commands to build an AcornReplay ...
      (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
    • Real video 1/4 the size of Nero Digital? (68 megabytes vs 300!) How?
      ... I end up compressing them further using Nero Digital (mpeg-4 ... Recently, I downloaded a "Smallville Season 5" batch of video files, so ... card just doesn't do a good job at all of recording avi files. ... seems to do best at mpeg 2. ...
      (rec.video.production)
    • Real Video 1/4 the size of Nero Digital? (68 MB vs 300!) how???
      ... I end up compressing them further using Nero Digital (mpeg-4 ... Recently, I downloaded a "Smallville Season 5" batch of video files, so ... card just doesn't do a good job at all of recording avi files. ... seems to do best at mpeg 2. ...
      (rec.video.desktop)
    • Video links
      ... I open a web browser page with IE6. ... video files of .mpg, .avi or other formats. ... I have noticed that this affects mostly .mpg files, ... default action to "open" for all these video files. ...
    • Re: Saved movie file wont play in Windows Media Player
      ... The video files were originally mpeg2 which I converted to .avi. ... after playing with movie maker for a while (swapping out ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.moviemaker)