Re: Windows shuts down my computer when I run my Norton-Symantec s

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Please post ALL replies to your original thread. Always state your full
Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to this newsgroup.

Sorry, is this what I need to put: XP Home Edition, Version 2002, SP 3..?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

I'll check, but it sure isn't showing up on my Norton-Symantec
antivirus-antispyware program.

I now have some more info--every time some application that takes quite
awhile is on, that blue screen witgh lots of white words comes up--and after
it quickly goes away, I've been getting a Microsoft message that a serious
problem has just been avoided. I copied this down awhile ago--this is in that
message, the one in the silver box coming from Microsoft, not from that blue
screen however:

BCCode:77 BCP1:C0000185 BCP2:C0000185 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:01D81000
OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:3_0 Product 768 1

The only 'variation' in this message every time appears to be in the BCP4
numbers.

Hope this gives you some ideas? I need a little something to go on before I
just 'take it to the shop' again.
.