Re: Windows shuts down my computer when I run my Norton-Symantec s

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Please post ALL replies to your original thread. Always state your full
Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3) when posting to this newsgroup.

Sorry, is this what I need to put: XP Home Edition, Version 2002, SP 3..?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

to an appropriate forum.

I'll check, but it sure isn't showing up on my Norton-Symantec
antivirus-antispyware program.

I now have some more info--every time some application that takes quite
awhile is on, that blue screen witgh lots of white words comes up--and after
it quickly goes away, I've been getting a Microsoft message that a serious
problem has just been avoided. I copied this down awhile ago--this is in that
message, the one in the silver box coming from Microsoft, not from that blue
screen however:

BCCode:77 BCP1:C0000185 BCP2:C0000185 BCP3:00000000 BCP4:01D81000
OSVer:5_1_2600 SP:3_0 Product 768 1

The only 'variation' in this message every time appears to be in the BCP4
numbers.

Hope this gives you some ideas? I need a little something to go on before I
just 'take it to the shop' again.

  • Re: Welcome Wagon - Cedar, pageburner, TH
    ... Mike. ... I read here quite often (and have been reading and posting for ... awhile, ...
    (rec.arts.comics.strips)
  • Re: Away for a while
    ... I think I might be away from posting for awhile. ... some oral surgery on the 16th and a few tests on white spots in the ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: Away for a while
    ... I think I might be away from posting for awhile. ... some oral surgery on the 16th and a few tests on white spots in the ... heck, this the only forum I access and my wife already knows about ...
    (alt.smokers.pipes)
  • Re: 2002 Explorer Sticks in 4X4 Low
    ... it sure is nice to see you posting again! ... Been awhile! ... Bill Hall ... I thank everyone that will take the time to remind me. ...
    (rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer)