Re: How to change home page?

"Sudy Nim" <pseudonym@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2TdFj.63263$cQ1.42544@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It is confusing I know, maybe this will explain correct & incorrect?

In IE 6: Tools > Internet Options > General > Address
Shown is: http://www.att.net/
Regardless, when I open Internet Explorer I get this "default" web page:
http://my.att.net/s/s.dll?spage=cg/news/inter_31708.html
The AT&T Internet Service PROVIDER Home Page has changed.
The new URL is http://my.att.net
Please update your Internet Browser Home Page immediately.
Click the link below to reset your home page to http://my.att.net.
The home page setting will be automatically reset
BUT I can not make this change because when I open IE
Automatically http://my.att.net opens the same web page:
http://my.att.net/s/s.dll?spage=cg/news/inter_31708.html

And The - IE: Tools > Internet Options > General > Address
has reverted back to: http://www.att.net/ NOT http://my.att.net

Notice from AT&T states I must change to: http://my.att.net = CORRECT
But IE defaults back to the now inoperative http://www.att.net/ = NOT CORRECT
I can not access the Internet it is locked out by this (WEB PAGE NOTICE) from
AT&T!

Reads like a cookie problem. Most pages that let you customize their site store the information in a cookie. If you are not allowing cookies or are deleting them later then your customizations will always be lost.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE,OE/WM
www.fjsmjs.com

  • Re: How to change home page?
    ... > The AT&T Internet Service PROVIDER Home Page has changed. ... > Automatically http://my.att.net opens the same web page: ... Reads like a cookie problem. ... In the case of Zone Alarm 6.5 or Norton 2007 it actually has to be uninstalled. ...
  • Re: How to change home page?
    ... The AT&T Internet Service PROVIDER Home Page has changed. ... Automatically http://my.att.net opens the same web page: ... Reads like a cookie problem. ... registry home page. ...
  • RE: Cannot open links in IE6
    ... Lots of tools to download and disinfect your machine: ... The Services Microsoft Management Console snap-in opens. ... It also has Internet Explorer 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2. ... checked the registry (regsvr32 urlmon.dll et al) as per Microsoft Support ...