Does Google perform automatic updates of IE toolbar?

Last week I installed the Google toolbar to IE 6 and it's been working
fine. Just now, out of nowhere, my Webroot Spysweeper interrupted my
work to tell me "A BHO (Browser Helper Object) is being installed in
Internet Explorer" as an add-on. Does Google do automatic updates of
its installed base of toolbars without informing users? Otherwise, I'm
not sure why this would happen without my requesting it. Thanks.

  • Re: Cant get Dial-up to dial automatically on IE6 startup
    ... In message, "Carol Haynes" ... >Just ran Lavasoft AdAware and it flagged up a component in Google Toolbar ... >So much for automatic updates!! ... changed to a valentine's day design, and then I had the same dial-up ...
  • Re: Cant get Dial-up to dial automatically on IE6 startup
    ... Just ran Lavasoft AdAware and it flagged up a component in Google Toolbar ... I uninstalled Google Toolbar too, and now everything is back to normal ... So much for automatic updates!! ... Carol ...