Re: Can't make attachments to email

"Sooner Willie" <SoonerWillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:C99D6326-0B82-4BA7-9579-397378EB5641@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
When trying to make attachments to my email I get the error message " The
instruction at "0x2753c390" referenced memory at "0x2753c390" The memory
could not read. I can not proceed any further with the message and have to
click "OK" and the hotmail account shuts down and puts me back to my main
screen.
I am using XP Pro and have went for IE 6 to IE7 and still have the problem.
My attachments are from "My Documents" file and are in Word format. How do I
correct this problem?

It could be a malware infection.
Help with malware:
All MS-MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?
For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. See also:
Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. Always choose Custom and see what else is being carried along. Don't install any extras you're not sure of.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

  • Re: Please help!!! (restrictions on comp)
    ... while I am using the administrative account. ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... For quite a few people it's by installing programs like Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
  • Re: CPU Processes
    ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software. ... For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Some pages do not open
    ... I'm facing a strange problem: some sites do not open in my IE6. ... I thought it was a problem in the browser files and decided to format the notebook and install Vista Business. ... Do a thorough check for malware, following all of the steps at one of these Web pages. ... All MS-MVP Sites. ...
  • Re: IE "hanging up"
    ... I have run my asaware, spybot and my antivirus software, ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
  • Re: Internet Searches get re-directed to other search engines
    ... Incidentally - i have tried using restore to go back in time but it says it ... All MS-MVP Sites. ... For quite a few people it's by installing Messenger Plus, whose ads for malware don't identify the malware as such and try to convince you that you owe it to the author. ... Don't ever do a "default" install of anything. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)