jupk.com (highjcked homepage)

Hi Jon
after a lot of time surfing for a solution I searched for jupk.com which
seems to be momma to this pesky prob this led me to a bb where some guy said
it is a DNS settings prob this new type of malware highjacks your dns
setting, solution set dns setting in network options to "find DNS
automatically" this deletes the 2 isp addresses in dns setting and gives you
back your home page of choiceNone of the spyware malware tools out there kill
this beast 'cos it just alters a setting in your network setup and what's
more I now think it is from the good old USA not India although prob was
Indias in the USA if you ping the dns numbers found in settings
BTW thanks for your interset in my prob and I hope others benifit form our

sincerely MiK
"Jon Kennedy" wrote:

This has been a FAQ on this newsgroup. See this site for possible help and
more information:

This may be caused by spyware/malware that's gotten installed on
your system. Use Ad-Aware, Windows Defender and/or Spybot Search & Destroy
to remove it.

Windows Defender
Ad-Aware: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
Spybot: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
Good sites on how to install and use Spybot -

Also download a winsock repair tool, to have just in case cleaning up
anything found breaks it -

Winsock repair tools:
LSPFix- all versions of Windows http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.zip
Winsock2 Fix- Win98, ME
LavaSoft- all versions of Windows-

More information here:

If no joy, in IE go to Tools...Internet Options...Advanced tab, Browsing
section, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions", click Apply, click
Okay, reboot. If that solves your problem, then more troubleshooting is
needed to find out exactly which program, or Browser Helper Object (BHO) is
causing this problem. You don't want to leave it at that, as some BHOs are
useful or necessary - like Adobe Acrobat for reading .pdf files or an
essential component of Norton AV. Get BHODemon -
http://www.definitivesolutions.com/bhodemon.htm - read all about BHOs.
Disable all items, and then gradually replace one or two at a time to narrow
down the culprit.

Or if you have IE 6 SP-2 you can do this within the browser:
How to manage Internet Explorer add-ons in Windows XP Service Pack 2

If all the above fails, then the problem could be something new that the
spyware cleaners above don't have in their databases yet. In that case....
HijackThis direct download:
Tutorial on how to use HijackThis:
Then post it's output log to the forum here for analysis and feedback by the
parasite experts:
Or one of the other HijackThis Logs forums listed here:

Or try this program to get some of the most nasty malware:
CWShredder direct download:

An alternate resource for all of this and more:

You may also want to check out StartPage Guard -
StartPage Guard protects your PC from cyberscam, by monitoring status of
your internet browser StartPage and preventing it from any unauthorized

And to keep from having to manually edit the registry to unlock your
homepage settings, try this little script by Doug Knox, MS MVP:

More information here: http://www.cexx.org/hphijack.htm

Jon R. Kennedy MS MVP/IE
Charlotte, NC USA

"MiK" <MiK@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
A website by the name of Dromology, it seems to originate in India has
highjacked my homepage trying to reset this in Options Tools has no
also resetting and deleting cookies and history does not get rid of the
offending website I've searched the registry and edited out some of the
but they are still in the history and IE6 conitues to try to connect to
website, while the website of choice is unobtainable also this website has
times tried to direct IE6 to adult material but not always I would
any help as to how to proceed against this prob

in anticipation my thanks MiK

Relevant Pages

  • Re: jupk.com (highjcked homepage)
    ... What is a DNS setting and how can do we go about in changing it? ... seems to be momma to this pesky prob this led me to a bb where some guy said ... section, uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions", click Apply, click ... website, while the website of choice is unobtainable also this website has ...
  • Weird font size in IE (for a bit) NOW WITH PICS!
    ... Asked before but didnt get a good answer, so I thought Id illustrate my ... prob... ... After reboot... ... this website looks like this ...
  • Re: Hdd
    ... iTech Consulting Co., Ltd. ... Expert of ePOS solutions ... Website: http://www.itech.com.hk ... I had this prob when I first bought the drive but it ...
  • Re: GenesReunited question
    ... is that I think they may have a prob with the way you view ... your contacts trees and wondered if anybody else is having the same prob ... More like the way your browser is handling the links. ... they now open a new browser window. ...
  • Ohh a SEO Question for you all ;)
    ... I have posted here a few time so you prob know me:) Hi ... If I send a link to the home page of my website say with say 'fender guitars' will the deaper pages get any SERP benefit? ... James Helliwell ...