Re: IE6 Page Cannot be displayed while connection is OK

Any of them should fix it.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Reg" <Reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Did you mean to try all of the suggestions or just one of them

Thanks

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM" wrote:

Winsock damaged: LSP-Fix - a free program to repair damaged Winsock 2
stacks
(all Windows versions)
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
Winsockfix for W95, W98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
http://www.tacktech.com/pub/winsockfix/WinsockFix.zip
Directions here: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=257
WinXP:
Get WinSockxpFix
How to Reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/299357
WinXP SP2: You can go to Start | Run and type
CMD
In the command window type
netsh winsock reset

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"Reg" <Reg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have loaded the Firefox browser and get the same problem there! I also
have
a laptop which uses the same broadband connection as the desktop and it
has
the same problem.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the problem must lie either with my
router
or broadband connection. ISP claims broadband is OK!

"nass" wrote:

"hellopoki" wrote:

I have Win XP SP2. All a sudden the IE cannot open any website,
while
my
connection is OK (can receive gmail thru outlook express and can
update
virus
definition). I have tried to restore, reformat hard drive, use
winsock
fix,
and went thru the step suggested by Microsoft online support, still
no
luck.
I also tried turn off Windows firewall. No luck at all. I installed
Mozilla
Firefox and page cannot be opened either. I'm desperate now. Any
suggestions
and ideas?

1= Try this, Open Control Panel >> Double click Networking and
Internet
Connections >> Double click Internet Options and on the IE Properties
window
click on AdvancedTab.
There scroll down under the Browsing Option and uncheck this box:
[&] Browsing
[ ] Enable Third Party browser Extensions (Req Res)
Click Apply then [OK] to close the IE Pro Window.

2= Do you have any other toolbar installed on your browser?.
Try uninstall/Repair for IE6 fromControl panel >> Add/Remove Programs
and
see if that will help or open a Run command and type this (one at a
time):
regsvr32 /i mshtml click [OK]
iexplore /rereg click [OK] and wait for it to finish.
also try to repair the winsock by excuting this Run command:
RUN >> netsh winsock reset click [OK]

Reboot your Machine and try the Internet and see if the issue will
reproduce
itself again.
Please perform one step (1,2) at a time and reboot your machine and
see
if
the issue will resolve.
HTH.
Please let us know.
Regards,
nass
----
www.nasstec.co.uk

  • Re: Odd startup/shutdown behavior
    ... However if view the processes in Windows ... Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stack and you may not be able to connect to the Internet. ...
  • Re: Internet Options
    ... > I recently bought a new computer with Windows XP and Internet ... What You Should Know About Spyware ... Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. ... How to Reset Internet Protocol in Windows XP ...
  • Unable to Access Internet in Normal Mode
    ... I have ACER ASPIRE 5520 Laptop with Windows XP SP2 installled. ... 256Kbps broadband connection. ... mode but I can access the internet in Safe Mode with Networking. ... TCP/IP properties IP Address configuration is set as Obtain ...
  • Re: Internet Explorer Hang
    ... from internet except updates and do not ever click on adds. ... Windows XP w/SP2 installed from factory. ... Probably why my Spyware checks find nothing. ... Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. ...
  • Re: Browser crashes
    ... internet for several minutes, my browser crashes. ... This happens with Internet Explorer, ... I am running Windows XP Home Edition. ... Removing some spyware can damage the Winsock stact. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)