Re: IE Constantly Shust Down ?

Who do you trust? All suggestions would be
welcome. I feel like a new kid on the block with
this XP after having used PC's for the past 20+
years...........Thanks!

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE"
<franksaunders@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nope, never heard of 'Otto'.
No one program will take care of all malware. I
don't trust McAfee and
Norton to do anything but slow down and mess up
your computer.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
Reply in newsgroup

"Bubey" <Bubey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Thanks for the reply. I was going through the
add/remove programs in the Control Panel and
came
across a program
called "Otto". Ever heard of it ? I went to
click on it to "change or remove" to see if I
could find out what this program was about and
poof, it was removed. Usually this type of
click
would get a
confirmation to remove to click on.

I thought my McAffee had a spyware program built
in but
guess not. I usually use Norton and every so
often use
the Housecalls.com site just to make sure Norton
is doing
it's job.

"Bubey" <Bubey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have a brand new laptop with IE6 on it.
It constantly shuts down. First given me a
box that says do I want to send this info to
MS. When I say Yes or No it then shuts
down and I have to start all over. This
doesn't
have just a few times, it constant. I wouldn't
think that a brand new install would have this
problem. Help Please !

OS: WinXP Pro SP2
1gb Memory and HD

I would suspect a malware infection.

So How Did I Get Infected Anyway?

Help with Hijackware
All MS - MVP Sites.
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
(http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.htm)
(http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm)
(http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/darnit.html)
(http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/Malware_Defence.htm)

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by
deceptive software.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827315

.