Re: Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the

Thanks Jan; I've tried all of that. After reading the popup message again I
noticed it said that 'Windows' has blocked the software! I think I should be
looking for a Windows setting rather than IE setting. The software that is
being blocked is a .cab file. I wonder what Windows setting might check for
invalid certificates?

Can anyone think of what Windows setting might be blocking the software?

"Jan Il" wrote:

Hi tech232 :-)

Try the following and see if it helps:

First: It is very important that the time of your computer clock is correct.
Every Certificate has an expiration and start date. When your machine clock
time or date is off, even just a few minutes or hours, it may cause the
Certificates to be seen as invalid or expired, which can cause various
problems. So, be sure your machine date and time are always set correctly.

If still no joy....

Go to IE>Tools>Internet Options>Advanced
Scroll down to the Security Section
Check "Allow software to run or install even if the signature is invalid"

UNCheck the following
"Check for publisher's certificate revocation"
"Warn about invalid site certificates"

If that does not work, you might also try:

Go to Tools>Internet Options>Security tab>highlight Internet
Click Custom level tab>scroll down and Uncheck "Don't prompt for
client certificate selection when no certificates or only one certificate
exists."

also..

How can I turn off the "security alert" dialog boxes that appears when I
open a webpage
http://itinfo.mit.edu/answer?id=5228

How to configure the Pop-up Blocker in IE
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843016

Description of the Internet Explorer Information Bar in Windows XP SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843017

Hope this helps.

Jan :)
MS MVP - Windows IE/OE [DTS/AumHa]
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

After loggin to my a secure website to view my store cameras I receive the
following message:

Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.
Name: s2pqview.cab
Publisher: Unknown Publisher.

I am using xp-pro sp2 also xp-home sp2 with IE6. Everything works well on
Windows 98se with IE6.

When I navigate to the page I allow the ActiveX blocker to download the
page
and I see the camera program. Then I get the message that the .cab has
been
blocked. I have entered the site as a trusted site and reset my security
settings to the lowest settings but still am not able to download the
.cab.
There is NO option to save the file to disk.

ie. the camera program loads ok but it needs to download the .cab as a
viewer. This is a Samsung camera console unit that has a webserver and
dydns
server built in. The security certificate is out of date but this is a
legitimate program and I need to use it even if it is out of date. I have
saved the certificate to my trusted certificates but that doesn't help.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I can workaround this problem??
There must be SOME way to allow this program!!

Thanks,
tech232

  • Re: Windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the
    ... Uninstall sp2, install the web cam software from the webcam site, then ... looking for a Windows setting rather than IE setting. ... Every Certificate has an expiration and start date. ...
  • Re: Windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the
    ... Uninstall sp2, install the web cam software from the webcam site, then ... looking for a Windows setting rather than IE setting. ... Every Certificate has an expiration and start date. ...
  • Re: Need help configuring Wireless Connection profile
    ... and I can only use the intel OR windows utility, not both at the same time. ... Windows authentication for all users,4129,LRG\ryanv,4149,Wireless WPA2 ... SMALL BUSINESS SERVER: ... STEP #1 Install Certificate Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: updates after format
    ... if the Microsoft Server is down. ... software you are installing has not passed Windows Logo testing verify its ... When you try to download an ActiveX control, install an update to Windows ... and you do not have the appropriate certificate in your Trusted Publishers ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Windows Update repeats
    ... You cannot install some updates or programs ... to a Windows component, install a service pack for Windows or for a Windows ... The Microsoft digital signature affirms that software has been tested with ... Publishers certificate store. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)