Re: Maximum simultaneous connections set too high

Thanks for the reply. I have noticed this is the default value in most
Windows XPs installations I have looked at; not just prepped/imaged versions.

"Vanguard" wrote:

> "Nic Hawley" <Nic Hawley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > As a developer of web-mapping sites, we have frequently running into the
> > problem of images appearing broken in Internet Explorer. The image url is
> > valid, and shows up correctly in other browsers. Also, not all computers
> > with
> > internet explorer would suffer from it. There also appears to be little
> > relation to bandwidth. However, the problem has seriously affected our
> > ability to deploy websites with many objects in them, as is typically the
> > case with web-mapping.
> >
> > Today I found out that the cause seems to be the amount of requests sent
> > by
> > internet explorer (MaxConnectionsPerServer and
> > MaxConnectionsPer1_0Server).
> > In this article (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282402) it is said
> > that
> > the default value for maximum connections to one server is 2. However, our
> > computers appear to have a value of 10,000. In some cases, it has even
> > caused
> > serious instability on our server. After lowering this value of about 5,
> > all
> > problems went away.
> >
> > My question is, where did the value of 10,000 come from? Can anything be
> > done to prevent the value from being made this high by external
> > applications?
> > I see no practical benefit to this value being higher than, say, 20. I
> > have
> > seen *many* computers suffering from this problem, making me think that
> > the
> > default value may not be 2 at all.
>

> I have never had this value changed unless it was me that went into the
> registry to edit it. There are probably 3rd party tweak apps, like X-Setup,
> that can edit the key, too (i.e., instead of using regedit.exe, you use some
> other program to do the registry editing). I suspect you had a user or
> admin that tweaked the setting that got pushed out when multiple desktops
> were prepped using the same image.
>

> --
> ** Post replies to the newsgroup. Share with others. **
> For e-mail, remove "NIX" and append "#VC811" to Subject.

  • Re: Maximum simultaneous connections set too high
    ... >>> problem of images appearing broken in Internet Explorer. ... >>> the default value for maximum connections to one server is 2. ... >> registry to edit it. ...
  • Re: Maximum simultaneous connections set too high
    ... problem of images appearing broken in Internet Explorer. ... computers appear to have a value of 10,000. ... I have never had this value changed unless it was me that went into the registry to edit it. ... There are probably 3rd party tweak apps, like X-Setup, that can edit the key, too (i.e., instead of using regedit.exe, you use some other program to do the registry editing). ...
  • Re: IE and temporary internet files.
    ... To edit a html file in the server, a user uses Internet Explorer to load ... MS Word containing the html file to edit. ... Is this behaviour related to any Internet Explorer settings? ...
  • Re: Firewall and Word 2004 Security Updatel
    ... Verify that the server is not listed as nor the port listed as ... >Internet Explorer, ... >instructions to YOUR firewall to build the same settings in your given ... Enter "Windows Update" in the Name field, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Why authentication before opening a document in document libra
    ... considers the web server to be a local server. ... Open Internet Explorer> Click Tools> Internet Options ... Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 ... Add the URL of the SharePoint site to the trusted sites list. ...