Re: IE 6 takes forever to load

"Keith LeLievre" <KeithLeLievre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:227ECD25-39C2-4E17-848E-0E3C2297E3A7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I am having a problem on a user's machine.
>
> First off, it's a Windows XP SP2 machine running on a domain.
> It's a 2.8 gig processor with 512 MB of ram, so it's no slow machine. it's
> brand new last month.
>
> So, now what we have is IE6 that takes forever to load up. It will sit there
> with "Opening "Http://url..."; in the status bar and when I hover over the IE
> window I get an arrow with an hourglass.
>
> This goes on for about 2 to 5 minutes and then the page will open and
> everything will work great. Navigating from page to page works flawlessly
> once the window is open, but opening a new window will take forever again.
>
> I have run Microsoft AntiSpyware, I have also run a few other spyware
> removal tools. I have run a virus scan, I have even gone through and removed
> anything unneeded from the startup using msconfig.
>
> I have watched the system resources and nothing is out of the ordinary
> during the 2 to 5 minutes it takes to load. It's not hogging my memory or
> processor and nothing else is either.
>
> This happens no matter what user is loggeds into the machine, so it is not a
> profile based problem.
>
> Any help is appreciated. It's taking forever for this user to log into our
> ERP software which opens three IE windows as part of it's process.

Keith,
1) Did this from occur right from the outset? (it's a month old, you say)
2) Is it slow if you just open IE offline?
3) Do domain users have Internet access? (or is "ERP" on 'your' web server)
4) If it's an infection, have you checked other PCs on the domain?
5) Is your antivirus up-to-date? (mine updates almost every day)
6) Is the XP firewall active?

With some of these answers, maybe someone can pinpoint the problem.

  • Re: IE 6 takes forever to load
    ... Here is a link to a networking troubleshooter. ... now what we have is IE6 that takes forever to load up. ... > once the window is open, but opening a new window will take forever again. ... > ERP software which opens three IE windows as part of it's process. ...
  • IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
    ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
    ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Internet Explorer fails to load any webpage, stays blank.
    ... When I click on Internet Explorer, it opens a window, ... that shows what page was loaded (Internet, ... toolbar icons load either, ... like the AIM today window open but nothing loads,...just white space. ...
  • How to disable scroll feature on mouse.
    ... I read the last message below "You need to go to the On Load ... window opens up, type MouseWheelOFF in that window NOT in the Properties On ...