Re: Java not working in IE

Hi,
Have you been through the settings of all third-party security programs,
ad-blockers, etc? Are there any programs running that might be blocking
scripts, scripting, active content?

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"ISA Newbie" <shadekittyatgmail.com> wrote in message
> I have read quite a few posts here and on other sites about folks having
> problems running Java in IE.
>
> I currently have that problem on a few machines, and are looking for a
> resolve. This seems to be occuring on IE 6, on both XP SP1, XP SP2 and
2000
> machines. So far specifically IE 6.0.2800.1106 SP1.
>
> We have MSVM 3810 (yes I understand it is no longer being supported so
> please don't tell me that) installed as well as Sun Java 1.5.0_04. We have
> uninstalled, and reinstalled, and java is enabled in the browser and in
the
> control panel. When we try to load various applets, we get messages like
> "Java is not enabled" or "Java is not working" - but it is installed and
> enabled and applications can run - just not items in the IE browser. Sun
> works in other browsers on the machine, just chooses to not work in IE.
>
> I'm starting to dig into anything I can find and are trying anything I can
> find to fix the problem. I've checked security settings in IE. I'm trying
> delete items from in the Downloaded Programs Folders (incase they are
> corrupted). I am removing applets from in the java control panel, I've
tried
> re-registering URLMON.DLL and resetting web settings in IE..My next step
is
> to start checking registry to see if there is something in there - maybe
bad
> user agent string, or something like that...? I've also disabled 3rd party
> BHO's in the advanced tab in IE Options. I've tried cleaning temporary
> internet files and deleting the java cache in the control panel. We've
tried
> running anti-spyware programs and nothing is coming up.
>
> I've started to check recent hotfixes to see if that could be culpret
since
> the problems started occuring within the past few months.
>
> I'm slowly running out of ideas other than format and reload - and I am
much
> too interested in finding what the problem is than to give up and reload
> especially since this behavior is on multiple machines and not just one. I
> know it isn't just my machines since there seems to be a lot of similar
> posts on the web.
>
> I've tried coming up with a common denominator for all the machines, but
> they are different OS's - all running IE 6 and some have McAffee of some
> sort running on them, and yes - I have checked firewalls to make sure java
> isnt blocked on the local machine. I have a friend who works at a local
> college and is also seeing this problem on a few of her machines.
>
> Any other suggestions greatly appreciated ! I'm sure others have seen this
> problem or are having this problem - any input welcomed.
>
> Shayla

  • Re: Java does not work
    ... Java as scripts, scripting, active content. ... Clearing the Java cache may help. ... In Tools security settings, I have Java VM permissions set to medium ...
  • Re: WAY OT: Windoze admin help needed
    ... backup and to bring up new machines. ... that file and transfer settings wizard is certainly an ... a floppy disk or a cdr ...
    (rec.motorcycles.dirt)
  • Re: Java not working in IE
    ... the thing is that it all works with the "other" browser. ... We have all been forced to use other browsers when we need Java to work. ... >> machines. ... I am removing applets from in the java control panel, ...
  • Re: SP2/Java problems - IT DOES NOT WORK, period!!!!!!
    ... some additional details - machines you are running, specs of those machines, ... It will with anything but SUN JAVA situations. ... So, Tom Pepper Willet, tell us why YOUR Sun Java works and no one else's ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Group Policy for hardened PCs
    ... These automatically pick up the default domain policy. ... Now when I log in as ANYBODY on the development PC [even a Domain Admin], ... the user settings for THAT PC apply. ... So, even though the Developers are admins on the local machines, because ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)