Re: Computer hangs when clicking a link in IE6

Hi Eelco - Go to Start|Run and enter "regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll" (without the
quotes). After you get a Success message, re-boot. If that doesn't work,
then check out the following article and do the additional steps outlined
there:

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click a Link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679

Also see these articles:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window
and, Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 may display a blank Web page
after you select Auto-Select encoding http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870863

If you're on XP your can try MVP Ramesh's .reg fix here which sometimes can
help:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/reg/IE_Default_Browser.reg

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP
My Blog, Defending Your Machine, here:

"Eelco Wiertsema" <EelcoWiertsema@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:AAE7987B-6FFD-4C93-AC82-B2ADE7368174@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi,
>
> When I click on a link in IE6 my computer hangs completely ie nothing
> works anymore not even ctrl + alt + del so the only sollution is then
> to restart. This happens every time after a couple of minutes in IE6
> and it doesn't matter what site I want to start, however when I don't
> click anything it runs fine.
> I've got Windows XP Pro SP2 installed and everything is virus and
> spyware free, no other application errors of any kind, does anybody
> know what the problem could be?
>
> Thanx Eelco

  • Re: Warning about tracking software?
    ... Daisy wrote: ... If it's not a 'normal internet explorer window' then it is likely to be ... If it *is* messenger service spam, no, unless you do a netstat within ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: mshtml
    ... contents of the first Internet Explorer window (the second actually, ... There are other examples, for instance Microsoft Outlook. ... document in an Internet Explorer instance and use a mechanism ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.web.components)
  • Re: Hyperlinks to office docs dont work
    ... Unable to open local files in new Internet Explorer window? ... IE6 SP1 ...
  • How to open Internet Explorer Window (own new Process! + no Toolba
    ... I would like to open via C# a new internet explorer window which has no ... toolbars, but when opening the window it has to be in a new internet explorer ... wb.Navigate(url, ref o, ref o, ref o, ref o); ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.csharp)
  • Re: Links in Email Dont Work Anymore
    ... You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You ... If you're on XP your can try MVP Ramesh's .reg fix here which sometimes can ... Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP ...