Re: Computer hangs when clicking a link in IE6

Hi Eelco - Go to Start|Run and enter "regsvr32 /i urlmon.dll" (without the
quotes). After you get a Success message, re-boot. If that doesn't work,
then check out the following article and do the additional steps outlined
there:

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or Nothing Happens After You
Click a Link
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q281679

Also see these articles:
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#new_window
and, Internet Explorer 6.0 Service Pack 1 may display a blank Web page
after you select Auto-Select encoding http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870863

If you're on XP your can try MVP Ramesh's .reg fix here which sometimes can
help:
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/reg/IE_Default_Browser.reg

--
Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP