Re: browser (IE6) takes forever to open

"Nancy" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:O5V4R5ZpFHA.1088@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> How do I "undo" your command listed.......iexplore.exe -nohome ?

Press Esc. (or click Stop.)

You will see your custom toolbars come up with your Home page.
(I think. My Home page happens to be About:Blank and it always
shows up when Stop is pressed after waiting in -nohome state.)

---

> Thanks
>

> "Rob Parsons" <iecustomizer@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Go to control panel first and select the Internet Control Panel. Go to the
>> Advance tab and uncheck the 'Enable third-party browser extensions'. On
> the
>> General tab change your home page to 'about:blank'. Save your changes.
> Also
>> check your Connection settings while youre at it.
>>
>> Open a Run dialog (Start/Run) and enter the following command
>>
>> iexplore.exe -nohome
>>
>> This should start-up IE almost instantly. If it does then one of your
>> toolbars or Browser Helpers (BHOs) is causing your problem. Go to the
>> Add/Remove Programs control panel and look for any suspicious or unwanted
> IE
>> toolbars or Add-Ins.
>>
>> Your malware software should detect anything malicious, but some are
> better
>> than others at removing them
>>
>> "Wayne" <w_soper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> > my browser won't open and I've tried everything I can think of...
>> > scanning for viruses and spyware, reinstall, but still it only opens
>> > to around 5 bars and just hangs. any suggestions what else to try?

  • Re: browser (IE6) takes forever to open
    ... Go to control panel first and select the Internet Control Panel. ... Advance tab and uncheck the 'Enable third-party browser extensions'. ... General tab change your home page to 'about:blank'. ... > scanning for viruses and spyware, reinstall, but still it only opens ...
  • Re: browser (IE6) takes forever to open
    ... > Go to control panel first and select the Internet Control Panel. ... > Advance tab and uncheck the 'Enable third-party browser extensions'. ... >> scanning for viruses and spyware, reinstall, but still it only opens ...
  • Re: Help! With ie right click and menu problem
    ... FAQ for MS AntiSpy (browser version) http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm marfers notes for windows xp http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/chatNotes.htm. ... > When I right click and open another browser page in a new window -> occasionally the new window "sticks" when it opens or I try opening ... I have managed to manually position> my ie toolbars back to where they're supposed to be but as soon as I lock> the toolbars and try opening another window it messes up again. ...
  • Re: i open an html file from webdev folder ,its opens in word.why?
    ... But go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Programs tab and set your browser as the default for html pages. ... entry it opens my html page in microsoft word. ...
  • Re: Spyware/Adware
    ... >was downloaded onto my IE6 browser. ... >search button on my browser is missing and i cant access ... >any selection in the toolbars list. ... Install and run Spybot. ...