Re: Invalid Syntax Error for some pages

Hi Dan :-)

Have you tried to do a System Restore to a date before all this started? If it is a cross up of set ups program conflicts or whatever that is not related to a 3rd party software problem, then perhaps that would be a way to sort things out again. A SR would eliminate all the program installs or mis-installs so that your system would be as it was the date before all the problems started. Then you can take things slowly, redo the steps one at a time and see which one may have caused the problem.

How to restore the operating system to a previous state in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q306084/

How to Restore an WinXP system to a previous State using System Restore
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

Hope this helps :-)

Jan :)
MS MVP - IE/OE
Smiles are meant to be shared,
that's why they're so contagious.

Replies are posted only to the newsgroup for the benefit or other readers.
How to make a good newsgroup post:
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Sorry for the multiple posts but I just found out one more thing - I tried to download firefox and I got the error:
"your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded." I am not sure how important this is but it definetely started happening at the same time.
Thanks again,
-Dan