"Page cannot be displayed" after reconnecting

From: Jason O. (JasonO_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/12/05

Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 12:15:05 -0800

I have the common problem of IE not loading any sites; they all come up with
"Page cannot be displayed"; except, secure sites (https://) will load.
However, this only happens after reconnecting to my ISP (I use dial-up).
After starting Windows and connecting, pages load just fine; but if I get
disconnected and have to dial up again, no non-secure pages will load. After
restarting the computer, everything works fine again, but obviously it's a
pain to have to do that every time I get disconnected!

I have tried using different ISP's, and that's not the problem; I have even
tried using Firefox instead, and the same thing happens. I have looked over
everything under Internet Options-- I have deleted the TIF, restored Web
Settings, made sure the "proxy server" box was unchecked and the
"Automatically detect settings" box was checked. I have run Ad-Aware and I
have Norton 2004 running. Nothing seems to work. Does anyone have another
suggestion? Please help!! I am running IE 6.0.29 on WinXP w/SP2.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: [SLE] cable modem
    ... >Use the name servers provided by your ISP. ... Is this a common problem with routers? ... I thought it was maybe a Netgear problem, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Is it possible to record a DHCP handshake?
    ... A very common problem ... these days is low-end HomaPNA switches that all of the sudden stop ... state in the user guide that the the ISP has the right to change the IP ... How do you record a DHCP handshake? ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Cannot load page
    ... Macfee privacy service/firewall but I still can't load a page from local ... host - I get a server cannot be found/dns error. ... I do notice a html ... so I'm sorry for posting what seems to be a common problem but I am at a ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)
  • Flash media for Win 2000
    ... Flash Media by Macromedia will not load on my desktop running WIN 2k pro. ... this a known common problem? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • RE: Project Load Problem!!
    ... Regards, ... Diego. ... When I load or make a project, ... Is this a common problem when ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)