Re: internet connection continually downloading

From: Socrates (londonlinks-at-_at_london.com)
Date: 08/11/04

Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:02:20 +0100

Hi and thanks.

This seems to be the culprit:

157.254.235.104
www.speedtouchdsl.com
Host unreachable

157.254.0.0 - 157.254.255.255

Thomson Consumer Electronic
10330 N. Meridian St
Indianapolis
IN
46290
United States

IT Security Team - Sek Chai
+1-317-587-3129
security@tce.com

NS1.TCE.COM
NS2.TCE.COM
INET-GW.INDY.TCE.COM

TCEIAMERICAS
Created: 1992-02-08
Updated: 1999-02-05
Source: whois.arin.net

I've got no idea why they would want to establish a connection to my
computer.

I also notice that on two ports 3017 and 3018, a connection has been made by
support2.microsoft.com. I do not have windows update turned on so I do not
know why Microsoft seems to be accessing my internet connection.

Any further explanations as to why my adsl connection continuous to download
bytes in the background?

--
If I can asssist further, please let me know.
Yours faithfully,
"Thomas Storm" <user@network.net> wrote in message
> > Hi - after trying to clear up my machine from the begin2search.com crap
> > which activates pop up windows galore every time I launch internet
> exlorer,
> > my internet connection seems to be continually downloading something.
> >
> > How is it possible to see what information is being dowloaded via the
> > adsl internet connection?
> >
> > I've run Norton anti-virus which says that the computer is "clean".
> >
> > I have almost downloaded 1 megabyte of something and it is still
> > intermittently downloading - so how do I know what it is?
>
> First thing you can do is get the IP address of the site from which you
are
> downloading.  Go to Start | Run and type in netstat -a -l (if you're
running
> Windows xp, you'll have to launch a command line window and type this in
> there, otherwise the window will disappear once the command is done).
Once