Re: Event Id 8194

Humm..I think I was missing the GroupPolicyPreferences.admx and that was the
problem. I had to add that to my policy definitions in order to see the
logging and tracing folder and now the errors are gone. I will monitor this
through the day but I really think that was the problem.

"Florian Frommherz [MVP]" wrote:

Tony,

Tony ThreeToes wrote:
Where can i find the trace file so I can check what is the issue or anyone
one has any ideas? I know some of this error used to be thrown by policy
maker...

Start logging with the following Group Policy applied to the client:
CompConf\Policies\AdmTempl\Group Policy\Logging and Tracing\ -
"Shortcuts Policy Processing"

You can specify the log file path in the policy then. Once you have set
it up, you may get more information on what's going on. Feel free to
post back if there's anything further.

cheers,

Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Group Policy
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.

  • Re: Prevent Domain Users from logging on to specific PCs w/ Group Policies
    ... In order to prevent users from logging on at the console of the machine they ... Local Security policy or through a GPO that applies to those computers. ... This user right is defined in the Default Domain Controller Group Policy ... policy setting supercedes the Log on locally policy setting if an account is ...
  • Re: Requiring specific computer to log on
    ... a new "policy", company wide.. ... > Monitoring through the RRAS VPN log files is simple though. ... Double click the logfile. ... >> if I can simply block his own machine from logging on - that does resolve ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Event ID 1507 / Weird hangs
    ... 1Gb RAM, Systemdisk with 5,6Gb free and two users sharing the computer. ... 'Logging off' screen and after that, ... This computer is in manual policy mode, but the policy file cannot be found. ... can find is in conjunction with Exchange, but User2 is not using Exchange. ...
  • Re: GP Software Install / Log File
    ... For the MSI logging, ... Check out http://www.gpoguy.com -- The Windows Group Policy Information Hub: ... the Windows Group Policy Guide is out from Microsoft Press!!! ... out where the log files go for this push. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: newsgroup access
    ... > logging of activities of internet use. ... I don't know of any transparant proxy tricks for nntp though. ... How you enforce the policy is ... not be dealt with in a purely technical matter. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)