Re: Firewall GPO

Howdie!

supersonic_oasis schrieb:
The problem is you can't use "*" as a port, it needs to be a number, and it appears you can't use a range either. It seems like there must be a way...

Okay, now I'm getting your issue. For the ports, you'll have to create a number of rules to do that. Bruce did a great job and wrote a community article about this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555381

Depending on how many DC you have and whether they are in a seperate IP range, you can either use the 192.168.1.0/32 as the source/destination or a comma seperated list with the ip addresses of the DCs

cheers,

Florian
--
Microsoft MVP - Windows Server - Group Policy.
eMail: prename [at] frickelsoft [dot] net.

  • [printings] strange problem.
    ... Hylafax (via ports) ... Laser Printer on USB 'ulpt0' ... As per howto by hylafax I add the following line to the program ... File 'faxrcvd' is working okay because it does all thing suppose to do ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: get_double input function (getchar+scanf)
    ... Martin Jørgensen schrieb: ... A bit more complicated than I thought was necessary, but okay - I have something to study now. ... input upsetting your program -- also the need for certain ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Ports Open Closed Invisible
    ... Geoff Lane schrieb: ... Just because every system with a TCP/IP stack has all these ports. ... Thomas ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Newbie - fc6 tiscali broadband Sagem modem
    ... which has NAT support and 4 ports. ... Will this be okay? ... Martin Liddle, Tynemouth Computer Services, 3 Kentmere Way, ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Final sanity pass: xdev
    ... a 6.x cross compiler on a 7.x system, ... (for most ports ). ... I'm not so sure we need to support building the other direction ... this is okay. ...
    (freebsd-arch)