Re: how to limit one user on termserver but not local?

Hi
I think Loopback processing of Group Policy is what you're looking for:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=260370
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287

--
I hope that the information above helps you

Good Luck
Jorge Silva
MCSA
Systems Administrator

"plvoy" <t.margitan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi folks,
i am trying to set up group policys in my organisation. My problem is: I
have users that work on a local machine but also on a terminal server. I
want
to limit the user on his Termserv-Session (startmenu, taskbar) but will
not
affect his local session. For example: I want to cut out the entries for
system properties in startmenu on termserver but keep em on the local
machine.
how is that possible?

greetings,
Tobias Margitan

  • Re: save w2k group policy setting
    ... Good Luck ... Systems Administrator ... default settings and the amended settings. ... do Windows 2000 Default Group Policy Restore Tool support W2k ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: save w2k group policy setting
    ... Good Luck ... Systems Administrator ... do Windows 2000 Default Group Policy Restore Tool support W2k ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: shutdown some special PCs or all PCs except servers in domain
    ... situation is the same if the IP changes you need to modify the batch file. ... Good Luck ... Systems Administrator ... by group policy, but I didn't find the settings in Win2k3 Group policy. ...
  • Re: Where is Find?
    ... Is there a "Search" option on your startmenu? ... If there isn't then (somehow) there seems to be a Group Policy in effect on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Automatic Updates
    ... Sounds like it has been resticted by your systems administrator. ... If yes the chances are that there is a group policy in ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)