Re: Help with Group Policy Setting!

You can use Group Filtering to accomplish this.
1. remove authenticated users from the scope tab on GPMC
2. add group that contains all affected users (leave out those you don't
want to process the setting.
3. the specific permissions to apply group policy are Read and Apply Group
Policy. If the user doens't have that they won't be affected by the GPO...
4. authenticated users by defult have read and apply Group Policy...

Kevin
"OrlandoTommy" <OrlandoTommy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have set up a domain wide group policy setting to Redirect all my users
>my
> documents folders to a network share. There are a few computers that I
> dont
> want to have partake in this, how do i exclude certain machines from this
> new
> group policy on the domain. Please be specific.
>
> Thanks,
> Tommy

  • RE: Tired of fighting with Group Policy and Offline File Encryption
    ... To modify the Active Directory Group Policy setting to reference the new ... Modify the "Encrypt the Offline Files cache" Group Policy setting. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Remove Add or Remove Programs GPO Question
    ... Programs" GPO but with the following stipulations: ... I have created an OU with the desktop computer accounts and an OU with the ... Authenticated Users - Allow Apply Group Policy ...
  • Explorer crash when C drive hidden
    ... Windows Server Std 2003 ... Group policy setting on users to Hide C drive in My Computer and ... When users open Windows Explorer and try to expand My Computer, ... settings have not been applied in group policy for their OU. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: KIOSK MODE?
    ... Yes their is no SRP in Windows 2000. ... Group Policy setting under user configuration/administrative ... > Please note that the newsgroups are staffed weekdays by Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Group policy setting for files/folders
    ... The main problem i am facing is that the group policy setting done ... in the server regarding giving access to files/folders for certain set ... of users/groups doesn't come into effect in the client machine... ... I have done the following steps for doing Group policy settings..:- ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)