Re: Allow active content to run in files on My Computer

Hi Paul.

I am not sure if this will help and the amount of settings for IE is now
mind boggling but check this under user or computer configuration as the
case may be for your needs. Go to administrative templates/Windows
components/Internet Explorer/internet control panel/security page/local
machine zone and try enabling allow active content... If that does not work
you may try enabling other settings to see if that helps. Keep in mind that
you want to use gpupdate to refresh the GP first on the domain controller
and then on your computer after changing a setting to speed up propagation.
You can use the Resultant Set of Policy mmc snapin to make sure that a GP
setting is being applied to the user or computer. --- Steve

"Climberpm" <pmorash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I'm trying to enable the "Allow active content to run in files on My
> Computer" using a Group Policy in a 2003 AD domain with XPSP2 desktops.
> So far I have been unable to.
> I have an application that requires this to be checked but I can't find a
> way to check it using a GPO.
>
> Does anyone know where I can find the option in the GPO ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

  • Re: Loopback processing, roaming profiles, folder redirection for domain-member laptops
    ... I suggest not mixing Computer Settings and User Settings in the same GPO - this restricts your flexibility and can be confusing ... if you put the laptops' user accounts into a seperate OU from the desktops, then you can use loopback processing to apply different User Configuration settings to the laptops and desktops if you also seperate out the settings you want to be different into seperate GPOs ... User Configuration, Network, Offline Files, "Do not automatically make redirected folders available offline" prevents that from happening BEFORE redirecting any folders - its not retro active. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Loopback processing, roaming profiles, folder redirection for domain-member laptops
    ... I suggest not mixing Computer Settings and User ... Settings in the same GPO - this restricts your flexibility and can be ... Configuration settings to the laptops and desktops if you also ... User Configuration, Network, Offline Files, "Do not ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: Getting desperate: GPO applying incorrectly, PLEASE HELP ME!!
    ... User and Computer settings a single GPO,. ... OU with the Terminal Server computer accounts, ... See in particular the section called "Group Policy Loopback ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Re: GPO not picking up computer settings
    ... to the domain container with the password/account settings you want. ... for password/account settings and from what GPO. ... buying any of the highly rated AD or Group Policy books you see at Amazon or ... I have changed all the passwords back to what they were so users are now ...
  • Re: Getting desperate: GPO applying incorrectly, PLEASE HELP ME!!
    ... all the settings for lockdown in it. ... I think you are on to something with the linking of the GPO. ... > OU to which the loopback GPO is linked, ... > OU you placed the TS server, and you set loopback on in replace ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)