Re: Need Help Locking Server

GP under computer settings, security settings.
Change the Allow Logon Locally policy (under user rights assignments) to
include only groups that allowed to logon locally to the SBS machine.
HTH
-sucotto

"Mike S." <Mikesi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have a SBS 2003 that I need a little help with. I want to prevent users
> from logging into the local server. It is in a location that people
> sometimes like to use as a workstation. I want them to be able to access
the
> server resources from their own workstations. I just don't want them using
> the server like a workstation. I know this can be done, but I can't find
any
> information on how to do it. I have heard it is in a security policy, but
> don't know which one. I would greatly appreciate it if you might be able
> point me in the right direction.
>
> Thank You

  • Re: Network security: Lan Manager authentication level
    ... MS-KBQ823659_Client, service, and program incompatibilities that may occur when you modify security settings and user rights assignments ... domain functional levels are set at 2003. ... All clients are running ...
  • Re: Remove "USERS Group" from local computer ??
    ... Start / Programs / Administrative Tools / Local Security Policy ... Security Settings / Local Policies / User Rights Assignments ...
  • Admin cannot change Local Security Policies
    ... I have an XP Professional machine and almost all Security Settings have the ... options greyed out when logged in as administrator. ... There is even a little lock icon ... In "User Rights Assignments",, Administrators are said to have the rights to change all these settings. ...
  • Re: Remove SID/User from a local Group Policy
    ... In using gpmc on my computer, I navigate down to Computer Config> Windows ... Settings> Security Settings> Local Policies> User Rights Assignments> Log on ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)