Re: GROUP Policy through a firewall

ICMP must be enabled across any routers and firewalls. Without it the
computers cant find the DC to apply Group Policy.
If you run rsop or gp results on the workstations, do you get any indication
of errors?
HTH
-sucotto

"scale" <coffin@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
> My servers sit behind a firewall and all my workinstations are out in
> the field so to speak. I can log into the server and map drives and
> junk just fine. MY policies dont work at all unless i put them on the
> lan where the servers are. This goes for both user and comptuer policy.
>

> I have windows 2003 ent servers and my workstations are 2000 or xp
> based.
>
> ANy thoughts? Ports i should open?
>
> I dont think it is blocking anything because the logs come up blank but
> it is about the only thing i can think of.
>
> please help.

  • RE: Group Policy Question on firewalls
    ... The simple answer is to make a group policy object and apply it the AD ... do not want to be firewalled are in a different container and the policy ... I don't want to also turn on the firewalls on my ... Windows 2003 servers as this will likely block normal network traffic. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Terminal Server GPO Issue
    ... servers that is not in the OU where the GPO is supposed to be applied and I ... Microsoft Windows Operating System Group Policy Result tool v2.0 ... Sharepoint Auth GPO ... Event Log Settings ...
  • RE: Pros and against using Multiple firewalls in a network running on Win2k Advanced server.(repost.
    ... Pros and against using Multiple firewalls in a network running on Win2k Advanced server.(repost.. ... gateway and filter the access from/to the internal networks to the servers ... > have no website or web services other than Internet access and e-mail. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Isolating internal servers behind firewalls
    ... having servers on a separate segment controlled by ... firewalls segregating segments also common. ... Control which clients connect to which servers on what ports ... If you have proper change control management, this should not be a problem. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)