Re: Remove GP after a number of mistakes?

What you need to do is unlink the GPO to that particular OU or the
domain. If you unlink the GPO all you're doing is removing the
association between the OU (or domain) and the GPO that you created.
What you'll have then is a standalone GPO. It's there, but it's not
affecting anything. Once you have unlinked the GPO and your users
logoff and back on (or your refresh rate kicks in) they will no longer
have any GPO's and they'll be back to normal. I wouldn't just delete
the GPO even though that would probably work as well.

When creating GPO's Microsoft uses pretty easy logic. They use the old
KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) approach. Group Policy can get really
complicated if you try and do too much. You mentioned that your users
cannot access some of your intranet and other external sites. It seems
like the GPO that you created was more complicated than it needs to be.
What is it that you're trying to accomplish via GPO? Tell me what you
want your users to be able to do, or not do. We'll work this out for
you.

Brian Chernicoff

  • Re: Best location for policies
    ... You can simply unlink a Group Policy from and OU if you do not want to apply ... >> to assign an OU when you create a GPO. ... The GPMC is VERY COOL. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Moving
    ... Before deleting the group, unlink it and then delete it. ... Let us say that your GPO is named Office2k3. ... > You start moving computers to populate the OU. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy)
  • Re: Remove GP after a number of mistakes?
    ... Accroding to him it will "undo" the changes that the GPO ... > by task and then delegate to various groups (Control Panel access, ... If you unlink the GPO all you're doing is removing the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
  • Deleting wrong GPO on SBS 2003
    ... I did a mistake when creating a GPO. ... from server management. ... But it only unlink the GPO, not deleting it. ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)
  • Re: Using Group Policy
    ... test GPO that falls under the User Configuration section of the GP Editor, ... then that policy will only apply to AD user objects. ... and it even maps a home drive that I set up in Active directory ... like removing the recycle bin from the desktop using GPO ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)