Re: NTFS file permissions

"TSAM" <TSAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:65308764-E389-4549-85AE-C69428DC4C33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

We have two volumes say X: and Y:. Currently everybody can create/
write/read/ to the root volumes. There are some folders with specific
permissions set. It has become a havoc as random users start putting their
vaccation photos to these file shares. I am trying to restrict this.
Here are my concerns:

How can I approach this task? What will be the safest way of doing this?
How
can I restrict users from writing/ creating to the root volume and at teh
same time preserve the existing user/ group permissions?

Thanks

Try Windows Server 2003 Access-based Enumeration:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04A563D9-78D9-4342-A485-B030AC442084&displaylang=en

.