Re: NTFS file permissions

"TSAM" <TSAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:65308764-E389-4549-85AE-C69428DC4C33@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

We have two volumes say X: and Y:. Currently everybody can create/
write/read/ to the root volumes. There are some folders with specific
permissions set. It has become a havoc as random users start putting their
vaccation photos to these file shares. I am trying to restrict this.
Here are my concerns:

How can I approach this task? What will be the safest way of doing this?
How
can I restrict users from writing/ creating to the root volume and at teh
same time preserve the existing user/ group permissions?

Thanks

Try Windows Server 2003 Access-based Enumeration:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04A563D9-78D9-4342-A485-B030AC442084&displaylang=en

  • Re: Where do you put all your HTML stuff on a home Linux server?
    ... Messier with permissions if you want to edit HTML without becoming ... root all the time. ... permissions set up OK as it's not in your home directory. ... scripts or html editing apps that look in your home directory will be ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: [SLE] adding a second hard drive
    ... Do you have the permissions set for the new drive? ... only root will be able to access it until you ... Registered Linux User #225206 ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: What Would You Say to This?
    ... My apologies. ... It has permissions set ... "?rwsrwSr-T" which do not allow ROOT to make any changes to it. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)