Re: NTFS file permissions
- From: "Pegasus" <I.can@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:29:51 +0200
"TSAM" <TSAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
We have two volumes say X: and Y:. Currently everybody can create/
write/read/ to the root volumes. There are some folders with specific
permissions set. It has become a havoc as random users start putting their
vaccation photos to these file shares. I am trying to restrict this.
Here are my concerns:
How can I approach this task? What will be the safest way of doing this?
can I restrict users from writing/ creating to the root volume and at teh
same time preserve the existing user/ group permissions?
Try Windows Server 2003 Access-based Enumeration:
- Prev by Date: Explorer dispaly: intermittent faults
- Next by Date: Re: Allow Read Access to a folder but prevent copy or delete access
- Previous by thread: Explorer dispaly: intermittent faults
- Next by thread: Re: Allow Read Access to a folder but prevent copy or delete access