Re: How remove bad sector in NTFS table

"Julien Yakouz" <julien.yakouz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23LiWPHWwGHA.3364@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I had a disk with bad sector.
These sector were marked on the NTFS table (a chkdsk display somes KB on
bad
sector).

I purchased a new disk, I verify it (it is good and had no bad sector),
and
I made physicall duplication from the old disk to the new disk.

So when I run chkdsk, the new disk continue to display somes KB of bad
sector.

how can I remove the bad sector on the NTFS table
(of course, I can copy each file and format the partition, but I want a
faster and easyer method)

regards

You write "I can copy each file and format the partition,
but I want a faster and easyer method." I think the fastest,
easiest and safest method is probably to format the partition,
then copy each file and folder, preferably in this order.

  • Re: SortMerge avoids thrashing (was: Baileys "two pass" FFT algorithm question)
    ... of size that match the backing store to assure locality of reference. ... For RAM backed by disk, the key thing which takes the most time is ... you need to localize sector reads within that one ... Sweeps your RAM once when you load original data from disk. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: XP Pro Recovery Errors
    ... it turns out that the boot sector, sector 0, of my HDD failed to "read, write, or remove write-protection." ... Hard drives, when they have a problem with a sector, mark it as "pending". ... So if you do something to write to the disk, and write sector zero, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: FUD about CGD and GBDE
    ... > a sector that has been rewritten. ... zone, otherwise it would expose the remaining sectors is the zone. ... contents and regular data written to the disk by the user. ... > possible to determine this fairly quickly using traffic analysis. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: replacing directory with "last good" on Windows XP non-boot data harddisk
    ... When a physical sector of the disk is read by an ... application and a sector is ... then Windows logs Event ID 11." ... I downloaded, but not installed yet, SeaTools For Windows and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Hard Drive Issues
    ... I'm assuming that particular sector on the drive is dying, ... Looks like you disk is on its way out, from the look of the above ... bsdlabel and newfs the new disk the way you want it. ... Ignore all the stuff above where it displays the partition information. ...
    (freebsd-questions)