Raxco Perfect 6.0 Disk Won't Run

From: Chad Harris (ddram32_nospam_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/14/04

Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 01:23:00 -0400

I have Raxco Perfect Disk 6.0 on a Win XP SP2 RTM box using NTFS. I haven't
had any problems with XP SP2, but all of a sudden today when I try to run
it, I get an error message that "Perfect Disk lost connection with PD engine
on Computername." When I check services, both services needed to run the
engine are started. Event Viewer has this:

"Faulting application PDEngine.exe, version 6.0.0.31, faulting module
PDEngine.exe, version 6.0.0.31, fault address 0x0002a852"
I went to Raxco's site and downloaded a file that is supposed to optimize
the Windows SP2 firewall for PD--that ran at the command prompt, but I have
been running on SP2 for a while with no problems. The file is here:

http://www.raxco.com/support/windows/pd60/perfectdisk60_faqs.cfm

"Raxco Software has created a command line script that can be used to
quickly and easily configure the built-in firewall to add PerfectDisk to the
allowed programs to connect through the Windows XP SP2 Internet Connection
Firewall (ICF) on the local subnet only.

Please download XPSP2_Config.zip, extract XPSP2_Config.bat and execute on
all Windows XP SP2 systems that have PerfectDisk installed."

I can't find anything in the KBs on Raxco's site, nor any other update that
is available.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad Harris