Re: XP Home SP3 issue

"ghockel" <ghockel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:D6A2419B-31B6-4BD3-A533-0F4D50DF086A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am unable RDT to anywhere since installing SP3. The error message states
something regarding the Terminal Services Server being temporarily
unavailable.

The RDT client was not installed with the original installation of XP Home,
it was an add-on. The RDT client was however upgraded with the SP3
installation.

I am able to connect if I un-install SP3. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks.

Make sure you have "Do not use a TS Gateway Server" selected on the XP SP3 RDC client PC.

http://theillustratednetwork.mvps.org/RemoteDesktop/RDP6-09.jpg

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows – Desktop User Experience)

mutual benefit of all of us...
rights...
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

  • XP Home SP3 issue
    ... I am unable RDT to anywhere since installing SP3. ... something regarding the Terminal Services Server being temporarily ... The RDT client was not installed with the original installation of XP Home, ...
  • Re: Is WinXP Sp3 update necessary?
    ... - Whom told you that SP3 was for improved security? ... SP1a and SP2. ... Also - you eliminate any strange download ... installation and update of the SP3 is something of concern. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • I experienced the same situtation
    ... Most likely after installation of SP3 ... uninstall all usb device and restart ... since USB connectivity is constantly disrupted. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: SP3 and beethov9 silliness
    ... I DID RESOLVE this SP3 installation on a XP Home PC using a suggestion from ... Log on as Administrator in SAFE MODE. ... If you disable a third-party firewall, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WUD or MUD repeatedly tells me that there are no available upd
    ... I could not uninstall SP3 because the uninstaller could not ... how to uninstall and of the 4 methods, ... uninstall it and enable the Windows Firewall at this point! ... It may take 1-2 hours for the installation to complete so ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)