Re: Help with VNC Please....

That was a good example. However, one of two things happen:

First, either I get the same error message as before OR the vncview.exe
process starts but I never see my remote computer? The process is
running as I see it in the task manager and all......

Where it asks for my IP in the tunnel setup, is that going to be my
internal IP (192.168.x.x) since I'm connecting via SSH, or is that my
public IP?

Additionally, do I need to forward any ports on my router, like 5900 or
5901??

Thanks!

Sooner Al [MVP] wrote:
Have you seen this from SSH?

http://www.ssh.com/documents/50/VNC_CompatibilityNote.pdf

Here is an example of doing the same thing but using PuTTY...

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/11544

--

Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

mutual benefit of all of us...