User Account on Welcome Screen

I set my Aunt's computer up so I can log in remotely to fix her problems when
they arise. However, My user account is showing up on her "Welcome" screen.

Is there a way to make it hidden?

I remotely manage several computers and I don't want to have my name on
their computer screens.

My permissions are ADMINISTRATOR and REMOTE USER.

Thanks,
Carl

  • Re: Limited Access
    ... For users that you want to logon to a computer via Remote Desktop you need ... Remote Desktop Users group. ... sharing to the computer not impeded by a firewall and the user account also ... On my desktop and wired laptop the hard drives are ...
  • Re: RWW - Local Policy connect to desktop issue
    ... it seems as if it is infact something with that user account. ... permissions as well as the replace permissions. ... only difference I see is in the logon script. ... firewall properties and enabled the Remote Desktop service. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: TS 2008 Admin Connections
    ... Here's what I found via more trial and error (your references were good, but didn't seem to address the user account significance of the logon attempt - see below). ... I can logon to TWO TOTAL sessions via Remote Desktop IF each session uses DIFFERENT USER ACCOUNTS! ... In 2003, there could be three TOTAL sessions (one local keyboard, two remote) and they could ALL USE THE SAME USER ACCOUNT! ... In 2008, if you attempt to use the same user account for the second logon, it will let you log in but will automatically logoff the original remote connection without any prompting on either side. ...
  • Re: Limited Access
    ... First off I will make the assumption that by remote connect you mean access ... to a network share through My Network Places and not Remote Desktop. ... to add a user account to the permissions list. ... the needed access to that folder. ...
  • Re: RWW - Local Policy connect to desktop issue
    ... I'd test with a clean user account ... Remote Desktop Users ... The user can logon to RWW but cannot connect to their 'computer at ... > As your user is in the local Power Users group, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)