Re: xp remote asst with windows98? & others

I'm afraid that Remote Assistance requires Windows XP on both ends of the
connection.

--

"JESUSBABY" <JESUSBABY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>I have xp prof. can I do a remote asst with win98 & other windows? If so,
>do
> I need something called "client software?" & where do I get it? I know xp
> xp by default & I tried with another xp user & it sent her e-mail request
> for
> asst. to herself! I have linksys wireless networking on 1 other pc.
> I ALSO DESPERATLY need to access my pc upstairs to check & see what my
> grands are doing & to do maintainence. My pc is the administator. I just
> can't get up/down the steps like I use to.
> Please help & explain good. I'm just learning tech, ok? (:
> -- GOD BLESS, Thanks
> GRANDMOM

  • Re: Biometrics
    ... the presence of a remote assistance capability does not at all indicate that the underlying operating system is inherently less secure -- just like the absence of such ability does not indicate that the underlying operating system is inherently more secure. ... Compare this Windows Vista: if someone replaced parts of the non-booted operating system, then next time it's booted, Windows integrity protection and system file protection alerts you to this; the system either refuses to boot or reverts to its original state. ... > Vulnerability Note VU#800113 ... > the Defense Network. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: Remote Assistance not working
    ... Windows XP workstation. ... Only Windows XP OS and Windows 2003 have the remote assistance ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Several Problems; how to reset security and troubleshoot serve
    ... When you tried to launch the Remote assistance, ... On the SBS security settings; I accept your response, ... Both computers must have Windows XP or Windows 2003 installed. ... Start the Microsoft Management Console Group Policy snap-in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Remote Assistance in Windows 2000
    ... > I would like to use the remote assistance feature in MSN Messenger ... > feature its available with Windows 2000. ...
  • RE: Remote Assistance not working
    ... How do you request from client to server? ... Using Windows Messenger or MSN ... > I have yet to get the offer remote assistance to work when launched from the ... The Group Policy on the computer of the novice user must be configured ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)