Re: Which windows xp services should run for vpn to work ?

> Apperently the only two additional services needed to be in a running
state
> are:
>
> Telephony service (what the hell is that ?) and
> Routing and Remote Access ;)

Oh I was wrong about that and so was windows hehe funny.

Routing and Remote Access service is not needed !?!
Remote Access Connection Manager service is needed ;)

> Bye,
> Skybuck.
>
> "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:...
> > The strange thing is I try to host a vpn connection.
> >
> > The "routing and remote access service" is stopped while it is
automatic.

> > When I try to start it it fails and gives little clues to what s wrong.
> >
> > It only says something about error code 711.
> >
> > It doesn't say anything about any other services not running or any
> > dependancy it relies on.
> >
> > Also in the dependancy tab
> >
> > It says NetBIOS group ?
> >
> > What the hell is that ? There is no service called NetBios Group ?!
> >
> > Bye,
> > Skybuck.
> >

> > "Skybuck Flying" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I would like to know which windows xp services are necessary to use
vpn
> > > connections.
> > >
> > > ( I would like to keep the number of running windows xp services to an
> > > absolute minimum ;) )
> > >
> > > Bye,
> > > Skybuck.

  • RE: Remote access recurrent disconnection
    ... After you correct run the CEICW, I suggest you to run the Run Remote Access ... On the Small Business Server 2003-based server, click To Do List in the ... bandwidth and stability of your Internet connection. ... many worm viruses will tie up network bandwidth and server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote access recurrent disconnection
    ... I always run the remote access wizard after completing the CEICW. ... 2.The remote and internet access were not slow before I changed the setting ... Internet connection is very slow ... many worm viruses will tie up network bandwidth and server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote access recurrent disconnection
    ... I have followed the instructions below and the remote access works fine ... Internet connection is very slow internally and some of the website pages ... Do you have one or two network adapters on your SBS? ... Do you have fix or dynamic IP on your SBS external network adapter?I have a fixed IP on both the netgear router modem and network cards on SBS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Remote access recurrent disconnection
    ... The remote access is working on PPPOE but I have error ... working as the internet connection goes on the broadband connection and it ... Internet access and the local network check box, ... If your router provides DHCP, click Obtain an IP address automatically ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS Wireless policy
    ... I'm not sure if this is because the connection is ... or if it's a configuration thing in your IAS Remote Access Policy. ... verify your settings against the document - this setting is in the ... Access with Microsoft® Windows® Small Business Server 2003) and I'm ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)