Re: Can't get AGP ATI RAdeon HD 2400 PRO video card working. Drive

Yes I have used ATI uninstall Driver Utility.
I tried to install driver in SAFE Mode. I won't let me: It posts a message
saying that it did not find a Hardware or driver compatible with the
Operating system
and than stop the install. Same problem with the latest downloaded driver
or the original received with the card package on a CD support.
When I boot on normal mode instead I can install only the drivers from CD
and the one downloaded with Hotfix 9,1 from ATI . Can't install other drivers
downloaded from ATI (i.e. the 9,2)
One thing I have not mentioned yet. While I install the driver for the
HD2400 PRO card (from hotfix or CD) I got a warning message saying that the
software does not have a windows logo signature and that my pc could not work
well if I install it. I do install it anyway and got the problem mentioned on
my previous message.
I am now back with my old ATI Radeon 9600 and driver 9,2 installed: in this
case I install the driver and windows recognize its signature.
Thanks for your help
Ciao.Giorgio

"Rich Barry" wrote:

ATI has a Uninstall Driver Utility. Did you use it before installing the
new card and drivers?? Try installing the new drivers in Safe Mode.
"gdesilli" <gdesilli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I hope someone can kindly help on this matter.
I am trying to install an AGP ATI RAdeon HD 2400 PRO video card on my
computer but can't get it to work. This is the issue:
It seems more a driver issue (I have now an ATI radeon 9600 card installed
(128MB) and the PC worksfine. I just want some more options).
Anyway, this is the message I got today:
atiok3x2.dll - PageFault in non paged area.
STOP 0x00000050, 0xE3FA42AD, 0x00000000, 0xBF15EB8B, 0x00000001
atiok3x2.dll - Address BF15EB8B base at BF15EB8B DateStamp 4844B4B8

This happen right after I have installed the card driver. I do ha an ASUS
MB
with 1 GB RAM, Pentium IV 2.8GHz and Windows XP Home edition. For this
issue
I have contacted ASUS and got the latest chipsets driver and BIOS
installed.
I have also contacted AMD for ATI cards driver and istalled the latest
driver
"9-2_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_enu_75974", which does not work, included also one
hot
fix they provided "9-1agp-hotfix_xp32_dd_ccc_74242". Can't get the card to
work. I do believe I have done the most I could.
Does anyone knows if there is anything I can do more may be from a WIndows
XP standpoint to help my issue?
The PC is now working with my ATI Radeon 9600 and latest ATI driver 9.2.
On
the card package there is nothing mentioning to limitation inusing the
card,
so I assume my pC configuration is OK. By the way I had previoulsy an ATI
Rdeon HD 1650 512MB installed that worked fine (it than broke, that is why
had to by a new card). Thanks for your support. I appreciate.

  • Re: [opensuse] Which Graphics card for openSUSE 11.4 and the future?
    ... I first installed the 1-click install to get it to work at all. ... that card and remove driver support. ... This is my pet peeve with ATI cards. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: A very sad personal decision with regard to "pc games"....
    ... features & reasons we buy an ATI card over the opposition. ... Newer stuff lets you do it in game. ... place, even in XP, because they never bothered to fix the clear OGL driver ...
    (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg)
  • Re: How to stop drivers being auto-installed from Windows Update?
    ... install, yet may be still referenced somewhere. ... Don't you think it's rather a silly reason not to get an ATI card though? ... >> Every so often ATI releases a new driver for their graphics cards. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Swapping MBs on XP--reinstall ?
    ... I want to swap an upgraded Asus board/Intel processor for the existing board/Intel processor--from a 775 to a 1336-along with a new video card. ... At least a few people have bought motherboards, assuming they could install Win98. ... In terms of drivers, one thing that would be popular is an AHCI driver for the ... by downloading the appropriate package for preparing an F6 floppy disk, ...
    (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)
  • Re: xserver-xorg vs. xserver-xorg-video-nouveau
    ... try to install the closed source nvidia driver while ... ATI cards have been troublesome with OS/2 2.0 and 3.0, ... I have a Radeon card in this laptop, and when I switch over to that card ... You can install the non-free ones from the Debian ...
    (Debian-User)