Re: Video Error

jfg wrote:
I have Windows XP Pro. My Event Viewer indicates that I have the
following problem: ati2mtag. How do I correct this problem? If I
need an updated video driver, how do I determine what driver(s) I
need and where do I go to download.

Thank you.
==============================
If you need to update your video driver...
the following steps may help you:

Go to the support website of your video
adapter's mfg. and search for Windows
XP Compatible drivers.

If you don't know the make and model of
your video adapter...check the documentation
that came with the computer.

Also you could try these steps...
Go to...Start / Run...type...
msinfo32 ...press enter.

On the System Information screen...choose...
Components / Display...

You should find the make and model of your
display adapter as well as the driver version.

If the driver on the support website is more
current than the one you are running...
download it and install it. Also you should find
and follow the installation instructions at the
support site.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

  • Re: How to have better quality display?
    ... I no longer have access either to the hardware or the specs related to this driver, so my support for it is limited to things that require neither. ... I committed a major update to the Intel 830M and 845G chipset support to both the XFree86 CVS trunk and DRI CVS trunk. ... A patch based on Christian Zietz's code to tell the video BIOS about extra video memory that has been allocated was committed to the XFree86 CVS trunk. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: windows media player
    ... I've tryed to get updates for my pc from Intel and Toshiba,but it seems like ... Might be worth a try to update your video deiver. ... display adapter as well as the driver version. ... If the driver on the support website is more ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: WHat does the error mean: The WMI Performance Adapter service
    ... That type of error is usually caused by a bad video card, ... likely need to swap out the monitor as well to be absolutely certain. ... Download the latest video driver for your card online, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.games)
  • Re: DVD player not working
    ... My only player is WMP 11. ... DVD drive, decoder and video card. ... display adapter as well as the driver version. ... If the driver on the support website is more ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: Intel 82865G driver
    ... David Dawes: 830M/845G/852GM/855GM/865G Driver ... I no longer have access either to the hardware or the specs related to this driver, so my support for it is limited to things that require neither. ... I committed a major update to the Intel 830M and 845G chipset support to both the XFree86 CVS trunk and DRI CVS trunk. ... A patch based on Christian Zietz's code to tell the video BIOS about extra video memory that has been allocated was committed to the XFree86 CVS trunk. ...
    (Debian-User)