Re: Panasonic NV-GS - Can't capture the video in my PC

There is an update page for MotionDV Studio at

http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/cs/soft/download/motionDV51J_LE.html

"Trevor L." wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you insatlled the drivers on your sister's PC, did you also instal the
> Panasonic MotionDV?
> If so, this is a good place to copt it from
>
> --
> Cheers,
> Trevor L.
> Website: http://tandcl.homemail.com.au
>
> nineu wrote:
> > Hi, thanks to all of you for your replies. I will try them asap.
> > About the Panasonic MotionDV program, unfortunatelly I can't find the
> > CD-s that we get with the camera.
> > I checked also the Panasonic web page but I can't find any driver
> > downloads... you can get the "Titles" but nothing else.... if anybody
> > knows where to download the drivers PLEASE let me know. Last year we
> > installed the camera drivers in my sister's pc and now that we've got
> > our PC we'd like to use this one. Thanks a lot.
> >
> > Nineu
> >

> > Trevor L. Wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We (my wife and I) have recently bought a Panasonic GS-35 so my
> >> experience
> >> may help you.
> >>
> >> You a quite correct that you can only get the still pictures on the
> >> card
> >> when using the PC setting on the video camera.
> >>
> >> For video download, you need the program Panasonic MotionDV STUDIO LE
> >> for DV
> >> which should have been supplied on a CD with the video camera. On my
> >> PC it
> >> installed as "C:\Program Files\Panasonic\MotionDV STUDIO LE for
> >> DV\MotionDVSTUDIO.exe". The entire installation on this folder is
> >> about
> >> 100MB.
> >>
> >> To use the program to download the video, set the camera to video
> >> replay,
> >> position at the beginning of the tape, connect via USB2 and start the
> >> program. Use Editing Assistant which will guide you through the
> >> steps.
> >>
> >> The program creates files in .avi format. For 60 minutes of tape, you
> >> need
> >> approx. 13.3 GB (18 minutes ~= 4GB). You will then need to output the
> >> file
> >> in MPEG1 format, an operation that takes about 8-9 hours for 60
> >> minutes.
> >> (Unless of course you are willing to work with the .avi format - I am
> >> told
> >> it is better, but uses a lot of disk space.)
> >>
> >> Note that firewire is *not* needed for this operation, although it
> >> may work
> >> better. (This is something I cannot test, since I don't have it.) I
> >> read
> >> this advice and was dismayed to think I would have to invest in
> >> another
> >> card, etc, on the PC. However, USB2 certainly works quite O.K. with
> >> MotionDV
> >> STUDIO.

> [...]

    ... If you want the drivers, why not copy them from your sisters pc? ... > CD-s that we get with the camera. ... >> For video download, you need the program Panasonic MotionDV STUDIO LE ... >> nineu wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: Panasonic NV-GS - Cant capture the video in my PC
    ... If you insatlled the drivers on your sister's PC, ... > CD-s that we get with the camera. ... >> For video download, you need the program Panasonic MotionDV STUDIO LE ... The entire installation on this folder is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
  • Re: OT: Weather note for Friday in the Gulf Coast states
    ... Saw a video that made me feel better about the drivers. ... No idea what that person in front of the camera was doing in the WRAL ...
    (sci.geo.geology)
  • Re: Mounting Logitech Communicate Deluxe in Gutsy Gibbon
    ... I recently purchased a Logitech camera for my ubuntu pc but ... I checked that the camera is ... It seems that the uvc video drivers work properly according to dmesg ... The uvcvideo uses V4L1 drivers, not V4L2 and I believe camorama only works ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • 2.6.38-rc2+ - regresiion copying DVDs
    ... I'm trying to copy the3 contents of a video DVD from one disc to another, ... There are no messages in the kernel log file, ... Overwrite, Layer Jump, Random Recording, Sequential Recording, Sequential ... # Infrared-port device drivers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)