Re: Two boot options
- From: John John <audetweld@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 09:24:13 -0400
Second time in a couple of days that this "phenomenon" shows up. For our own curiosity can you please tell us how many disks and partitions you have on your computer?
Removing the invalid boot option is a simple task, launch the msconfig utility and under the boot.ini tab have it look for and remove invalid entries. You can also remove the invalid entry by editing the boot.ini file.
I have just formatted and re-installed XP Pro SP2 onto a PC. Everything went fine, but fore some reason the system thinks I have a duel boot and gives me two option, both XP Pro. The first option works but the second one doesn’t. There is a countdown of 30 seconds until the first option is automatically selected.
How can I get rid of the second option, of failing that, how can I reduce the amount of time the system waits for?
- Prev by Date: wireless configuration for SOE
- Next by Date: Easily migrate multiple user states?
- Previous by thread: wireless configuration for SOE
- Next by thread: Re: Two boot options