Re: Install Windows XP in a Separate Partition

No can do.
Apps would have to be reinstalled no matter what partitions were set up

"Lou Splen" <LouSplen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I just had to do a clean install, which necessitated reinstalling all
applications. While it was time-consuming, my PC is once again as peppy
as
it was when it was new. I was wondering if it makes sense to install
Windows
XP in a separate partition from the applications and data. That way I
could
do a clean install of the operating system from time to time, without
having
to reinstall all applications and data.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or comments. I'm wondering if I am missing
something here.

Thanks, Lou.

  • Re: Future question of my own - Did DavidI kill Delphi, or announce a product change?
    ... applications are installed here in my hard drive. ... It's not only a matter of wanting it, it's a matter of what's possible. ... I think as a software developer you already can't resist to some degree. ... Many of our tools require installations of some kind. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Changing the owner and user information (globally) in Xp.
    ... > change all the software registration to my name? ... applications, you may need to do more. ... The truth of the matter is - you bought a used computer - you really should ... format and install the Operating System and Applications over again - if for ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Resolving overloading
    ... It's a matter of taste, ... The overwhelming majority of embedded applications don't care about this issue, but care very much about performance. ... have two single-precision divides, one floored and one symmetric, that are much faster than SM/REM and FM/MOD? ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Which folder contains the windows OS
    ... OS only in it's own partion, and create other partitions for programs, data, ... Many people recommend separating the operating system and installed ... have to reinstall Windows, their applications will remain. ... process is facilitated by having all data in a separate partition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Failure to dismount partitions
    ... the applications in /Volumes/B2/Applications are running when you ... Everything but Pictures is a SuperDuper! ... I never run anything on the backups. ... but they are in all 10 partitions. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.misc)