Re: REGISTRY ERRORS

"jan" <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:5397620E-EAB5-4C24-A5DD-8B4256D4600D@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I HAD TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE, THE REGISTRY WOULDN'T COMPLETE.
COMPUTER WORKS, BUT I'm getting dozens of "messenger
service" warnings to go to different sites to clean. I won't
go to the sites, but I want the pop up warnings to stop. I
can't get them off the screen, they come right back thanks,
jan

What you're experiencing is called Messenger Spam. The best way
to prevent it is to install Service Pack 2 or a firewall such
as Zone Alarm. You can use the workaround outlined in this
article but all you're doing is masking the symptoms instead of
fixing the problem.

Messenger Service window that contains an Internet
advertisement appears
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330904

Here's more info on the subject.

Messenger Service Spam