Re: Search Assistant File Missing

Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Click on the ? Icon to Expand

[?] Why doesn't Search work?

Among other things, addresses this:
Error: "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You
may need to run setup".

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:C7682111-F993-4D07-8E1C-096746EBD4BD@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
ecaii <ecaii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
When trying to run search assistant in either Windows Explorer or My
Computer I get a message that a file needed to run search assistant is
missing and I may need to run setup again. However, I can't run setup
from my Windows XP cd because I've since downloaded and installed Service
Pack 2. When I tried to run it from the cd, I got a message saying that
I'm running a newer version of XP than what's on the cd and setup can't
run.

When I try and re-download Service Pack 2 from the Microsoft website, it
doesn't allow me to since I'm already running the software. I just get a
message that all updates for my computer are installed.

Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can run setup to retrieve the
missing files?

.