Re: Search Assistant File Missing
- From: "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 10:36:41 -0600
Top 10 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Click on the ? Icon to Expand
[?] Why doesn't Search work?
Among other things, addresses this:
Error: "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You
may need to run setup".
Hope this helps. Let us know.
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
ecaii <ecaii@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> hunted and pecked:
When trying to run search assistant in either Windows Explorer or My
Computer I get a message that a file needed to run search assistant is
missing and I may need to run setup again. However, I can't run setup
from my Windows XP cd because I've since downloaded and installed Service
Pack 2. When I tried to run it from the cd, I got a message saying that
I'm running a newer version of XP than what's on the cd and setup can't
When I try and re-download Service Pack 2 from the Microsoft website, it
doesn't allow me to since I'm already running the software. I just get a
message that all updates for my computer are installed.
Does anybody have any suggestions for how I can run setup to retrieve the
- Prev by Date: Re: Setup Disks Problem
- Next by Date: Re: Partition problems after reinstall
- Previous by thread: Re: Partition Error
- Next by thread: Re: Partition problems after reinstall