Re: Changing C: Drive to D:

"cuuba2000" wrote:
I have all my programs on a 16 Gig Hard drive, which is full. I also have an additional 60 gig back up drive which is empty. How do I change the order or transfer the operating system from the 16 gig drive to the 60 gig drive and still retain functional programs.

Download a free 30-day trial copy of Casper XP from Future Systems Solutions' website at www.FSSdev.com/products/casperxp/ . You don't have to format the destination drive, just specify the size of the partition to be made on the destination drive and then do the copy.

    As with all clones of WinNT/2K/XP, don't let the new clone see its
"parent" OS when it boots up as an operating system for the first time.
The "parent" can start up and see the clone, but the clone's 1st startup
should be in isolation from the "parent".  Thereafter, either OS can
startup and it will see the other OS as just a "Local Disk" file structure
on another partition.  The easiest way to isolate the clone is to simply
remove the source HD from its cable - the destination HD, assuming it's
the only other HD in the system, will automatically become the boot HD.

*TimDaniels*

  • Re: Track down name of parent process
    ... This is not guaranteed to be possible, as there is no implicit reference that a process has on its parent. ... The documented way to retrieve this information is to get a pid via CreateToolhelp32Snapshotand use Process32until you find your process, ... It is quite possible that the parent process has died and the saved parent process ID has already been recycled and used by a different process. ... There is no way to detect this conditon, as parent-child process relationships are not `enforced' by the operating system beyond creation tine inheritance. ...
  • Re: removing a parental lock
    ... First you'll have to prove you're the parent, not the child who's supposed ... What operating system? ... > computer system. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: How do I correct a starup error
    ... It is not error, it is standard NT OS loader startup menu, nothing to worry ... It came alive because there are two or more operating system records ... > continues to load XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Removing Startup Initial screen
    ... You'll now see a System startup section at the top and it'll have a drop ... down list for your default operating system, ... list of operating systems checkmark box. ... "josie" wrote in message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Changing default (highlighted) system in dual boot configuration
    ... Search the Windows Help files for "startup, default operating system" for more information. ... I updated to Win2k some time ago and ended up with a dual boot configuration ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)