Erro message trying to upgrade Win98SE to XP Pro

When trying to upgrade, the "Starting Setup" dialog appears for several
minutes. Then I get a blue screen saying the disc cannot be read. When I
eject it, I get an error message "d:I386\WINNT32A.DLL could not be loaded or
is corrupt"

I have cleaned the disk and it appears to work fine on another machine.

  • Re: re-use XP
    ... There is no mechanical means to eject a disc on a Mac. ... The OP would have to install Win98 first...then upgrade to XP from within ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: HELP! CD stuck in drive
    ... Ejecting a disc from the PowerBook G4 disc drive ... There are three ways to eject a disc from the disc drive of a PowerBook G4 ...
    (microsoft.public.macintosh.general)
  • Re: Can you run SFC from the Recovery Console on the XP Setup CD?
    ... An alternative would be to install ... Do you have more than one hard disc in your computer, ... I tried running the Repair option from the Setup CD, ... From the Recovery Console (when I boot from the ...
  • Re: How to eject stuck Mac CD
    ... This will sometimes allow the CD to now show up in Mac OS X. ... but keep your finger on the mouse button right up until the disc comes out or the log-in screen has appeared. ... If you have Toast Titanium installed on your computer, choose EJECT DISC from the menubar. ... Restart the computer while holding down Command-Option-O-F, to enter the Open Firmware prompt. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • How to eject stuck Mac CD
    ... Mac - a marvel of over bloated engineering engineering. ... First try the normal methods to remove the disc. ... If you have Toast Titanium installed on your computer, choose EJECT DISC ... There is no Open Firmware on Intel Macs. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)