Re: uploading xp from 98

From: Will Denny (willdenny_at_mvps.org)
Date: 11/07/04

Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 10:54:14 -0000

Hi

Please see if the following articles help:

"HOW TO: Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation When
YouUpgrade from Windows 98 or Windows Me"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310064&Product=winxp

"HOW TO: Prepare to Upgrade Windows 98 or Windows Millennium Edition to
Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316639&Product=winxp

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/upgrading/advisor.mspx

--
Will Denny
MS-MVP - Windows Shell/User
"twingles" <twingles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,  I am trying to upgrade my computer from windows 98 to home xp.
> after
> I install xp I notice that my external CD rewiter and my internal cd rom
> are
> nowhere to be found.  Help.... What am I doing wrong?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Deleting "Previous Windows Operating System on C:"
    ... Previous Windows Operating System on C: ... If I let the system boot to Microsoft Windows XP Professional (this ... good installation, Click Start, click Run, type or paste next line ... insert the Setup CD into your CD-ROM drive. ...
  • Re: Windows 7
    ... YES upgrading Vista to Windows 7 ... need to reinstall it by performing a custom installation. ... Download and run the free Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)
  • Re: Grafikkartenempfehlung... mal wieder ;-)
    ... Daher wartet die GPU auch nicht unbedingt auf Daten von der CPU, sondern eher darauf, dass die CPU ihre Aufgaben erledigt hat. ... Das hat aber genauso wenig mit dem Thema zu tun wie die Weiterverwendung Deines alten Windowsxp, denn die Diskussion geht darum, ob man bei einem Neukauf von Windows 7 noch zur 32bit- oder besser gleich zur 64bit-Version greift. ... Installation zu Installation, ... Die Mehrzahl der Probleme liegt entweder am Anwender, an schrottiger Hardware, fehlerhaften Treibern, schrottigen "Profitools" oder schlichtweg an einem Hardwaredefekt. ...
    (de.comp.hardware.graphik)
  • Re: Windows 7
    ... Windows 7 ca ba thang roi, ma khong co truc trac voi drivers gi ca. ... mua Upgrade version ne^'u ma'y ddang du`ng XP or Vista ... need to reinstall it by performing a custom installation. ... Download and run the free Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)
  • RE: Open Source Supported Graphics Cards
    ... I thought the niche Debian was trying to fill was rock solid ... small part of the battle for a typical Windows user moving to Linux. ... Though if you were read the HTML installation manual, ... They refer to all manner of things of which the casual user ...
    (Debian-User)