Re: Power Options

From: Gerry (gerry6g_at_aol.com)
Date: 11/02/04

Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 22:19:17 -0800

Hi, Mister Scary, did you check if it is not the Screensaver turning off
your monitor. That happened on my Dell and after increasing the time on the
Display>Screensaver to 600 minutes, I have no more problems.
Gerry
"Mister Scary" <danielnewhouse@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I desire to temporarily change the "Turn off monitor:" option to "Never."
> But when I do this, it has no effect. The monitor turns off after 20
> minutes.
>
> I am having trouble installting a very large program to my computer that
> takes a couple of hours to install, and I want to set the monitor to not
> turn off since that might be causing an error.
>
> Is there something fancy I could do to make my computer do my bidding,
> like
> change a registry value?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Atari Stuff for sale.
    ... Atari 1040 ST ... Atari SC1224 Color monitor Older style. ... He said that the monitor turns on and off. ... And why should you accept the word of someone that is clearly lying about ...
    (comp.sys.atari.8bit)
  • Re: Atari Stuff for sale.
    ... I NEVER sell a item that I cannot verify works. ... Atari 1040 ST ... Atari SC1224 Color monitor Older style. ... He said that the monitor turns on and off. ...
    (comp.sys.atari.8bit)
  • Re: Power Options
    ... That happened on my Dell and after increasing the time on the ... The monitor turns off after 20 ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Monitor shuts off
    ... Basically, the monitor turns on fine, looks fantastic, but after a few ... Your hi voltage is climbing. ... and move the B+ pot adjustment left / right to see if it may just be ...
    (rec.games.video.arcade.collecting)
  • Re: Monitor problem after windows update
    ... after a recent windows update. ... the monitor turns on ... it displays the WindowsXP Boot Screen ...