Re: Making XP Pro Legal again

From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] (jones_jupiter_at_hotnomail.com)
Date: 08/18/04

Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2004 15:25:58 -0600

Steve;
Perform a Repair Installation using the legal key and CD:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
"SteveF" <SteveF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have discovered that my version of XP Pro is not legal. (I had it
> reinstalled last year by someone after the hard disk crashed.
>
> I do have a legal copy of XP Pro
>
> how do I get my valid key back on the pc.

Relevant Pages

  • Xp Home Key On Xp Pro
    ... Can I use a XP home key on a XP pro installation? ... I originally have xp home installed (which has a legal key) but I ...
  • Re: Xp Home Key On Xp Pro
    ... coleas wrote: ... I originally have xp home installed (which has a legal key) but I ... needed to install xp pro to get a network configured. ... can I replace the banned key with the legal xp home key without ...
  • Win XP Key
    ... I have a bad copy of XP Pro and I would like to insert a ... new and legal key. ... reload the OS and insert the new key, ... I've searched the knowledge base and found no ...