MDI and XP FAX Viewer

Is it possible to use the XP Microsoft Document Imaging (MDI) tool to
view existing/stored FAX (tif) files ? and vice versa ?

What is the difference between a filenamed.MDI and a filenamed.TIF ?

Regards,
Vince
Long Island, NY

  • Re: How do I open an .mdi or .tif document in Word?
    ... The file types you mentioned (.tif and .mdi) are graphic content files rather than documents. ... MS Office Document Imaging is an optional part of MS Office 2003 and 2007 but it is not installed by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: How do I open an .mdi or .tif document in Word?
    ... The file types you mentioned (.tif and .mdi) are graphic content files rather than documents. ... MS Office Document Imaging is an optional part of MS Office 2003 and 2007 but it is not installed by default. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: MDI and Tiff Files
    ... The MS Office Document Imaging file format ... Because I couldnt get the MDI file to open from a URL I changed the ... The original MDI file is about 9k but when saved as TIF it is 240k. ... I would like to use Microsoft Document Imaging in a small office, ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • MODI/Desktop Search - MDI files not indexed
    ... I am using Windows desktop search and MDI files are not being indexed. ... My understanding is that the iFilters for MDI and TIF come with MODI ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: How to convert a .mdi file into a .tif, .jpg or .gif file in C#?
    ... MDI is a graphics format used by Microsoft's document imaging. ... of no way to convert to TIF other than to open it with Microsoft's Document ... Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org ...
    (microsoft.public.word.conversions)