Re: Several command line printing questions

HP supports the LPD service so you could send the formatted data using the
lpr.exe command

Install Print Services for Unix in Add/Remove Programs, Windows features,
Network File and prin services.

in the command line generate your formated file, then send this to the
device

lpr -S IPofprinter -P raw -o l filename

start with a very small file first, LPD works best with text files and PS
files.

G:\>lpr

Sends a print job to a network printer

Usage: lpr -S server -P printer [-C class] [-J job] [-o option] [-x] [-d]
filename

-S server Name or ipaddress of the host providing lpd service
-P printer Name of the print queue
-C class Job classification for use on the burst page
-J job Job name to print on the burst page
-o option Indicates type of the file (by default assumes a text
file)
Use "-o l" for binary (e.g. postscript) files
-x Compatibility with SunOS 4.1.x and prior
-d Send data file first

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"datap" <datap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Q1:
on my system, I have an HP Inkjet AND a "print to convert" program and
both
are associated with "LPT1" so when I type

copy /b filename.gif >lpt1
or
print /D:LPT1 filename.gif

the print goes to the convert program. Is there a way to specifiy the
physical printer on the command line as well as the port?

Q2: I have a LaserJet print on the network who's PORT is "IP_10.0.0.10"
but when I attempt to send a file to that "port" I get a "cannot
initialize"
error.

Ultimately, like the previous poster, I'm trying to send TIF images to a
printer (in my case a Jet Direct printer) via the command line -- any
suggestions?

  • Re: My afternoon
    ... Ever used the command line? ... distributed computer connected to a huge computer network ... no display and it cannot run apps. ... didn't have a keyboard, too. ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: Network help please
    ... 'net' is not recognized as an internal or external command, ... some of the help articles said changing the value fixed the ... I have two Thinkpads on the network and neither have ... Perhaps something has interfered with the shared folder share name? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Dial-up clients drop connections
    ... Both products physically synchronize with the respondent modem, authenticate, attempt to "talk to the network", then drop the connection. ... Extreme cases may warrant the removal of the TCP/IP protocol..With the NetShell utility, you can reset the TCP/IP stack to restore it to its state that existed when the operating system was installed. ... When you run the reset command, it rewrites pertinent registry keys that are used by the Internet Protocol stack to reach the same result as the removal and the reinstallation of the protocol. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: networking problem
    ... > Static IP address configuration in Windows XPe environment HOWTO ... > To be able to be pingable with one ethernet card in your target machine, ... > Network Command Shell ... > Command Shell Interface Context ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • internet ip to local ip with pix
    ... pix inside 10.112.2.241 ... Is 10.2.2.2 inside or outside the network? ... You would need a 'static' command, and you would need a 'route' ... to the outside interface by using the access-group command. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)