How can I have Microsoft Fax wait for a dial tone before dialing out?

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Fax to send faxes from my PC. Under my modem settings,
I have the 'Wait for Dialtone beforre dialing' box checked. However, when I
send a fax, it immediately starts dialing regardless of if some is on the
line or not which get annoying for the people on the line. Is there a
solution for this? Is there a modem string I can issue under advanced
commands to have my modem detect a dialtone before dialing out?

Thanks

Zoom

  • Re: Fax number is dialing too quickly
    ... "Peter R. Fletcher" wrote: ... Advanced Modem Properties settings for the modem you are using - in ... This will explicitly tell the modem to wait until it hears a dial tone ... before dialing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Fax number is dialing too quickly
    ... Advanced Modem Properties settings for the modem you are using - in ... This will explicitly tell the modem to wait until it hears a dial tone ... before dialing. ... Please respond to the Newsgroup, so that others may benefit from the exchange. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: How to programmatically clear "Wait for dial tone before dialing"?
    ... Under the Settings key there's a value called "Blind_On", ... AT command code for setting a modem to blind dialing mode. ... when you clear the "Wait for dial tone before dialing" checkbox.) ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tapi)
  • Re: Fax number is dialing too quickly
    ... Since you have told us neither the OS nor the fax software or hardware ... Advanced Modem Properties settings for the modem you are using - in ... This will explicitly tell the modem to wait until it hears a dial tone ... before dialing. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: Async Dialback on 1841 w/WIC-2AM not working
    ... your basic modem trainup problem. ... You might try using a dialing ... ~ I am trying to configure async callback on my 1841 with WIC-2AM. ... ~ seems to me that, for some reason, the chat script is not tied to the ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)