Re: Windows Error creating a TCP/IP port
- From: "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:55:20 -0700
Verify that there are no extra versions of winsock files in the windows
directory. They should all be in \windows\system32
I assume you are creating a Standard TCP/IP Port not the HP Standard TCP/IP
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Mike" <Mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been attempting to install an HP printer on my home network. It has
an IP address (which I can access via a brower, so the connection is
but when I try to install the printer, either using HP installer software,
manually using XP add a printer, or even creating a new TCP/IP port for an
existing printer, windows always experiences en error and crashes (not
crash). This happens on both my laptop and desktop (both running XP), I
have seen a few posts on other sites saying others have observed this, but
solution to the windows problem. Any ideas for why windows has this error
everytime, or how to fix, or even a work around?? Any help appreciated.
San Diego CA
- Prev by Date: Re: Printer driver won't load.
- Next by Date: Re: Printer driver won't load.
- Previous by thread: Re: Weird print problem
- Next by thread: Re: Windows Error creating a TCP/IP port