Re: Print spooler problem, error 1058

Start, Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore.....
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Michael" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Having no luck, how would I restore back to a couple of weeks ago when I
had
printer service? I know about 2 weeks ago is when the printer died, and I
also lost Norton about the same time. Since then I have not been able to
install a printer, and AVG and online norton scan has not found any virus.
suspect these things are related, maybe a restore to 22 weeks ago might
help

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

In Control Panel, Admin Tools, Services.... What is the Startup Type of
the
Print Spooler set to?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Michael" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

when I click on start, it begines with the bar, and immediatly stops
and
give the error message"could not start the Print Spooler on local
computer.
Reeoe 1058: the service cannot be started, either because it is
disbaled
or
because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

There is no further information I can find.

I also checked, and there are no dependencies associated with the print
spooler.

Under recovery, all failures are set to restart the service, and the
reset
fait count is set for 1 day, and restart the service after 1 minute.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

What is the Service it is referring to... can you work that out?
Which
Dependency?
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Michael" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
HP does have an uninstall utility. I used it several times, and it
has
not
fixed anything. Their install tries to fix the spooler, but fails.It
looks
like it is a problem with my windows, and not their install. It was
working
fine for a couple of months prior to this incident.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Does HP have an uninstall utility on their site for the All in
One....
something that really scrubs out what doesn't uninstall (and what
should
uninstall!). IMHO an uninstall utility should never really be
necessary,
not if the package is written correctly in the first place but
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Michael" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I had the 1068 errors too, and cleaned that up. I eliminated the
1068
errors, not I have the 1058. I am lost now.

Michael

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

Remove the dependencies and start again...

Steps 15 through 17 and I'm betting it's a 1068 error, not a
1058.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Michael" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been fighting to install a printer. Mine was lost a week
or
so
ago.
No
printers are currently installed, whatever happened wiped them
out.
cannot
add a printer because the spooler will not start. I get a 1058
error,
"service cannot be started because it is either disabled or it
has
no
enabled
devices" I have tried to start it manually, and the HP printer
software
has
tried to fix the problem, but so far, nothing. I have
uninstalled
the
HP
printer software, started the dependencies it said it needed,
tried
everythign HP suggested, and stillnothing. The probelm is in
my
windows
XP,
but I have no idea how to get the spooler to turn on.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

Michael